Hi I have rainwater in the rear passenger footwell of my 2002 A4 Cabriolet - it is not coming from the Battery area drains and can't find this problem addressed  on the forum.

Any help please.

Welcome to the forum Gordon :) 

youll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :) 

hmm I wonder if the water is running in through the back of the seat area. Where the roof folds into? 

Ot it might be running through the window seals? 

Cheers

steve

Hello Gordon,

I would tend treat this as you would with an old property which is showing signs of damp. The first port of call must always be the condition of the roof, and this should be attended to first. I'm not sure whether this car is relatively new to you, or whether you have had it some time. If you have had it some time, then you will obviously know when the roof was last treated - if not, you of course won't.

I would start with weatherproofing the roof with something like Fabsil or similar, or indeed one if the appropriate  Autoglym products. Start along the edge above the door and work your way towards the middle, then from the middle to the other side, to avoid a dry edge by starting in the middle and working to one side.

Even if this doesn't solve your leak problem, you will find it to be a good insurance for the future, and then you can look elsewhere.

Kind regards,

Gareth.