Hello everyone, new to forum and new to Audi

Hi everyone,

Soon to be new Audi owner, just waiting patiently for it to be delivered after epic 5 month wait!  Must have changed my mind about 3 times but am sure the wait will be worth it!

Cheers

Chris

Welcome to the forum Chris :) 

5 months! That's one hell of a wait! How come has it taken so long? Did you order any specific extras such as the sunroof? That normally increases the delivery time. 

Youll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :) 

cheers

steve

Hi steve

Many thanks!  Not completely sure why the wait to be honest other than the A3 model being so popular.  The only additions I chose were the front and back parking sensors and electric folding mirrors.  The one upside of the delay was that I ended up with the 2018 model which apparently comes with some extras as standard.  I thought about the sunroof but the cost was spiralling already - it seems everything is an extra with an Audi!  I was originally told that delivery would be mid-June which later changed to mid-July.  Apparently the car as 'arrived in the UK', assuming that means it is at Sheerness.  No word yet as to when it will reach me here in sunny Swansea.

I suppose the wait has pId off thanks to having a 2018 model and free extras! ;) 

keep us posted chris and feel free to add pics as and when the car arrives :) 

cheers

steve 

Hi Chris.... welcome to the Forum

Make sure you post up some piccies of it when you finally get hold of it

Good to have you onboard

Cheers,  Trevor

greetings Steve, welcome to the clan

sounds like you have a hell of a car on the way, :yahoo: happy motoring 

Hello Chris,

I also add to the welcoming comments and interest in your car's arrival after the long wait - a wait which I'm sure will be well worth enduring. 

One thing I would possibly add to as comment is that if I had had to wait for 5 months, then I would be inclined to wait for an extra 3 weeks to ensure it as registered under the new 67 plate registration rather that the outgoing 17 plate, which finishes on 31st August. Despite what they may tell you, a 67 plate 2017 car will have a greater value than a 17 plate 2017, and this is why August tends to be a quieter month for new car registrations, and they really welcome those who are prepared to have new cars registered under the old outgoing registration rather than wait to have the new plate.

Anyway Chris - enjoy the car. 

Kind regards,

Gareth.