Hi from New 2.0 TDI A4 Avant 56 Plate owner

JClark

Hi all. Quick introduction and advice required pretty please.

"She" is a 2006 2lt TDi 170ps that I have had for around 9 months. Recently remapped which has certainly injected some life into her. 

Despite me doing a few searches there is one element that confuses me and annoys and just kind of want a definitive answer regarding the sound system. It is Bose / Symphony with full steering wheel controls including Bluetooth phone connectivity - steering wheel control for this too. However no aux socket and despite phone connecting fine for calls the only music I can get is via the 6 CD changer/radio as phone wont play music through the car.

So is this just a permanent no go area or what are the options open to me? I see some aftermarket ICE units state they are steering wheel compatible (as don't want to loose that feature).

IMG_20170723_130627444.jpg

IMG_20170723_130650276.jpg

IMG_20170723_130703277.jpg

Welcome to the forum :) 

youll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :) 

i believe an aux socket can be connected into the back of your current radio :) but other more knowledgeable members will be able to give you a definitive answer :) 

you'll find it will be hard to find aftermarket radios that do legitimately connect to your steering wheel controls. And besides you have the vide system which is lovely :) 

cheers

steve

Hi.... welcome to the Forum

You could use a BlueTooth device that receives from your phone and tunes in through the radio to play music remotely, plenty on eBay

Good to have you onboard

Cheers,  Trevor

Goes into the ciggy lighter and only connects through transmitting a signal which is picked up on the corresponding frequency on the radio (tune the radio into the set frequency displayed on the unit)