S3

Daistroy

Have an issue with Audi S3 07 model had a remap APR and it seems to be running as it should but yet engine management light keeps flashing up at 3500 revs is most gears no sign of spluttering or limp mode had ppl look at it and no joy any idea ???

Welcome to the forum Ben :) 

youll find the members on here are a friendly and bunch :) 

i would agree with Bradley and say it's the remap. But what condition was the car prior to the remap? 

I ask as a remap can accelerate thaw wear on various components if the car was not in fine fettle when the remap was carried out. 

Cheers

steve

• Like 1

The problem was there before the map to ... had it done at a recommended APR centre in Ammanford ... was tested as stock without the stage 1 also and the issue was still there... was told could be fuel pump or clutch but I'm not convinced ... I've booked her in to Audi centre in pontyclyn today for next month so hopefully they will get it sorted 

I'm very surprised you were recommended a remap when the ecu already was registering an issue. 

Its weird the issue only occurs at 3500 rpm. I'm sure other members will be able to advise better than me. 

Cheers

steve

• Like 1

You don't say if you have a diesel or a petrol, also be useful to know if you have a turbo? It's a safe bet that if you do have a turbo it will be boost (low or high) related. Also, have you had the codes read yet?

Unfortunately some garages are happy to take people money for a remap without thinking of the customers best interests. It would have been sound advice to have this fault rectified beforehand.

Give us some more details, mileage engine etc and we might be able to help route the problem out but I would really advise getting any codes read first.

Good luck.

I agree with Dan, get a diag done should/could show where the issue is at, if not maybe a visual inspection of the pipes as to see if they are loose, could couse a low boost issue, might as well check before the diag. Good luck and keep us updated! :)

Kind regards

Bradley

Brad has a good point, might be worth looking at induction pipes and if you can see the IC look for dark patches on it indicating a leak.

But, it could well be wear in the turbo with the vanes themselves causing this issue. As you comment on the 3500 RPM's it could be the vanes touching the sides of the turbo which restricts the spooling up. This was covered on Wheeler dealers once with a Saab turbo, similar revs marked too!! Was quite interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

To elabourate on the point made above with regards checking the pipe work. I had practically the same issue on an A4 1.9TDI and it turned out to be air being sucked from a leak just after the MAF sensor.

Another posibility could be the vacuum pipe off the actuator, I've seen it where they can rub/ware though causing a vacuum leak. As a result the incorrect boost is made for the rpm which causes the engine management to flash.

If either of these senarios are right you say you don't have a power issue but if so you should notice a gain once sorted.

Hope this helps 😊.