Audi Q5 looking to buy one Petrol 2.0 engine Please advice me about fuel consumption as mostly for town driving

nizamuk

Hi Friends

looking for a audi Q5 2.0 Petrol ,Automatic but mostly using town driving ,Can some one already using this Please advice me how good for town driving and what about fuel consumption , as i am mostly using town driving i stopped buying diesel due to DPF issues, Please shed some light on this friends as eagerly looking forward to hear from you guys.

Hello Nizam,

Without specific experience of this model, I'm very much with Steve on this and the logic that this vehicle will be petrol, automatic and used for town driving. Never the recipe for good fuel economy! In fact, the recipe for the worse possible fuel consumption.  I'm sure you will appreciate that with the automatics, it is likely that this car will never get into the higher gears with your particular use. Again, it must be appreciated that these cars are far from aerodynamic. 

Since you are moving from diesel, due to the DPF inconvenience, then the trade off will most certainly be an adverse effect on the wallet. I guess the final choice will be influenced by whether you put up with giving a diesel car a weekly blast, or get used to regularly dipping into your wallet to feed a petrol engined car. 

If economy is king then it would have to be a manual diesel engined car. If it isn't, then the exact opposite end of the scale would have to be a petrol automatic. 

Kind regards,

Gareth.

• Like 1

Hi

Not sure this is the right place to ask but what if i go for a Audi Q3 1.4 TFSI  automatic will that do any good in Fuel consumption also How good and reliable is Audi Q3 TFSI i am looking to buy something from 2014 or later