Brand New A4 Avant Failing To Start!

76Mark

Hi folks,

Wish i was saying hello on better terms, but hey-ho!

Just recently traded my VW Tiguan in for an A4 Avant & regretting it already after only 2 months! First month was fine until it started to decide, that intermittently, it couldn’t be bothered to start! That’s now 8 times when my wife or I have jumped in it has refused to start! Then it can be 5 mins or 45 mins before it can be bothered to suddenly start up... yet other times it will start, no problem for several days on end?!

Any ideas?

Manual, 6 speed, 1.4 TFSI Avant, 67 plate. 

Mark

hi Mark, do you have access to diagnostic kit such as vcds? maybe a starter motor issue or immobilizer problem.

If you only had the car 2 months could the dealer not help find the problem must be some warranty on the car

Paul

3 hours ago, Paul A6 said:

hi Mark, do you have access to diagnostic kit such as vcds? maybe a starter motor issue or immobilizer problem.

If you only had the car 2 months could the dealer not help find the problem must be some warranty on the car

Paul

Hi Paul,

Had AA Audi Roadside Assistance out & it looks like the battery positive lead at the battery wasn’t crimped correctly. All now seems ok, thanks.

cheers!